Are you in the right job?
Why isn't that diet working?
Is it love you're really feeling?
Are you missing something in your life?
Do you trust your own judgement? Are you sure?
Ask yourself these kinds of questions and your ingenious mind will come up with a number of possible answers and then it's a simple, rational process of deciding which one to...
Oh, but hang on – what happens if you don't have the clear-cut facts to help you make the call? What happens if emotions are getting in the way of rationale? What happens if you can't see the wood for the trees?
Our body is the only part of us that is constantly, tangibly present on this earth, in the moment. It is the literal flesh and blood of our existence. If we don't inhabit it fully but choose instead to live in our heads, we miss out on the powerful, full-bodied experience of being human – the HD version of our lives.
And think about it - a High Definition TV has got a lot going for it:
- Vastly improved picture clarity with sharper images.
- Stunning colours and textures.
- Signals broadcast with surround sound.
- Incredible depth of field and image quality
- Internet connectivity means you can connect with friends and family as never before...
What would it be like to be totally immersed in the vivid colours and textures of Now and not be distracted by a past you can't change or a future that may never exist?
What would it be like to know broader horizons and have a deeper understanding and appreciation of each moment as you live it?
What would it be like to connect with others as never before?
All this becomes possible when we stop ignoring our bodies and start listening instead. After all, isn't it the least we deserve – to listen to ourselves?
Become aware of the sensations within. How do you feel right now? How comfortable? How energised? How full? How warm? How stimulated? On a scale of 1-10, how happy?
Breathe deeply and let your body not your mind do the talking. It bypasses the judgements, criticism and assumptions of the brain and puts you in direct communication with:
- gut instincts and intuition that keep you safe and well and help you make great decisions
- heartfelt passions that will guide your career, your relationships and your future in the most fulfilling direction
- the creativity to express yourself fully
- self-awareness and emotional connectivity that will tell you a diet is about more than food and long-term stress relief doesn't involve propping up the bar again...